Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Playing hard to get often pays off

So I am reading this book about dating and relationships and I must tell you that I walk around with it like it is my bible. Some of the “Rules” inside this book I agree with and the other things that I don’t agree with.  Someone once asked me if I were dating especially in this economy right now, what do I think is a good amount of time to go out on a date and see this person. I told her that he would have to see me 4 times a month.

I can see your face now…. You may be thinking that is not enough time to see someone that you are interested in and the other half think that this is the perfect amount of time. Think about it. There is 4 week in a month therefore if you see each other once a week then that equals 4 times a month correct? Out of those 4 outing 2 of those meeting should be a date and the other two times we could just hang out like go for a walk in the park or if your comfortable enough.. hang out at the person house. Just do something that doesn't cost a lot of money.  

Please keep in mind that this is a new phase and the status of your relationship has yet to gain a title. Now the book says that when you are dating someone in the first month you shouldn't see them more than once a week, the second month you shouldn't see him twice a week and so on. You pretty much get the picture.

I happen to agree with this 100% because it supports my theory. It’s amazing how this book was written in 1995 but yet the "Rules" apply in 2010. For a minute I thought I was the smartest person in the world having already known the "Rules" before I even knew it was a "Rule". I guess you are wondering why limit yourself from getting to know someone when you are really interested in them? Well the answer is simple: Keep him from getting too much too soon. Don’t make seeing you so easy, Men like a challenge so they harder they have to work for you the better it will be… At least you will know that he is really interested in you.

Keep in mind: Most men fall in love faster than women; they also fall out of love faster!

2 comments:

  1. Good Blog! I absolutely love that rule and "wow"... at the last sentence. Guess, I never thought about it like that. Who even knew men 'fall in love faster than women'... go figure?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. grrl! i need to write me one of these. I have my own rules about dating and the most important ones being:
    1) If you wake up in the morning and the first person you think of (other than your kids) if him/her, then there's something there.
    2) If you can actually be in silence with this person and not feel awkward then there may be something there

    I already do have a blog but it has thus far been delegated for writing when in various areas of my life are in a state of disarray. I am working on trying to focus on the positive and it starts with this.

    ReplyDelete